Sunday, August 16, 2015

Homemaker In Training...again

I always said I wanted to be a stay at home mom when I first got together with my husband. I loved the idea of caring for my kids, teaching them things, keeping the house clean and organized for my loved ones.

After the number of kids rose and the stresses piled on though, homemaking ended up being last on my list of things I wanted to do. I started getting majorly stressed and because I didn't have a good system in place, the house got out of control and I sturggled to manage it.

Recently, having been called to Christ, I've been reading about homemaking in the biblical sense and I'm working on changing my outlook. I am remembering those I am keeping home FOR. Not me, but my husband and children. I love them and I can show them that by cleaning the house and cooking meals and sharing my knowledge with them.

So I keep reading about homemaking, reading what the bible has to say about it and fine tuning both my attitude and my systems and routines until I get it to where I need it to be.

So for now, I am a homemaker in training.. again.

2 comments:

  1. Awe... I love this story. I'm cheering you on Kathleen! Let Him keep guiding you and you can't loose :-) .
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am cheering you on. I had lows and highs in this area too, normally just when my baby is teething though.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts as long as they are polite. I'd like to know someone was here!